Fernandez explained that Marketo helps companies both big and small build more profitable relationships with their customers by combining multiple channels, like web, email and social, into a single platform. He said by coordinating these disparate channels, companies can market more effectively and build more meaningful relationships.
When asked about the recent acquisition of ExactTarget (ET) by Salesforce.com (CRM), Fernandez said that Marketo has grown up in a very competitive marketplace and he plans to continue effectively competing against ExactTarget's offerings.
Turning to the company's profitability, Fernandez said that like many cloud companies, Marketo is focused on growth and won't concern itself much with profitability for the near future.
Finally, when asked whether marketing on Facebook (FB) actually works for customers, Fernandez said absolutely. He noted that many of Marketo's use Facebook to build campaigns and help spread their image and have had great success.Cramer said that despite not being profitable, Marketo is an interesting story.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer asked the question, is McDonald's out-innovating Apple (AAPL)? McDonald's was able to wow investors by posting better-than-expected same-store sales thanks to a host of menu changes that appear to be working. Meanwhile, Apple, a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV