1. As of noon trading, Kinross Gold Corporation ( KGC) is down $0.30 (-4.6%) to $6.28 on average volume Thus far, 5.4 million shares of Kinross Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $6.26-$6.48 after having opened the day at $6.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.58. Kinross Gold Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in mining and processing gold and silver ores. It is involved in the exploration, acquisition, development, and operation of gold bearing properties. Kinross Gold Corporation has a market cap of $7.4 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. Shares are down 32.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Kinross Gold Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kinross Gold Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Get the full Kinross Gold Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the basic materials sector could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the basic materials sector could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts