3. As of noon trading, Agnico Eagle Mines ( AEM) is down $2.04 (-6.1%) to $31.24 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Agnico Eagle Mines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.17-$32.48 after having opened the day at $32.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.28. Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, and production of mineral properties in Canada, Finland, and Mexico. It primarily explores for gold, as well as silver, copper, zinc, and lead. Agnico Eagle Mines has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 36.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Agnico Eagle Mines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Agnico Eagle Mines as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Agnico Eagle Mines Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts