4. As of noon trading, Anglogold Ashanti ( AU) is down $0.99 (-5.5%) to $16.87 on average volume Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Anglogold Ashanti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.80-$17.22 after having opened the day at $17.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.86. AngloGold Ashanti Limited engages in the exploration, production, and marketing of gold. It also produces by-products, such as silver, uranium, and sulfuric acid. Anglogold Ashanti has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 43.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Anglogold Ashanti a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Anglogold Ashanti as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and deteriorating net income. Get the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts