3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: BKCC, APSA, MCC
Medley Capital (NYSE: MCC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.40%. Medley Capital Corporation is a business development company. The fund seeks to invest in privately negotiated debt and equity securities of small and middle market companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.77. The average volume for Medley Capital has been 524,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Medley Capital has a market cap of $398.1 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 0.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Medley Capital as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 102.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 35.27% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MCC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.24 versus $0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.49 versus $1.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 97.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.84 million to $11.52 million.
- The gross profit margin for MEDLEY CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 66.00%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 57.01% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Medley Capital Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts