BOTHELL, Wash., June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), announced today that its Seattle operations received a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Maturity Level 3 rating by Technical Software Services, Inc., of Pensacola, Fla., a licensed partner of the CMMI Institute.
The company's Seattle operation specializes in the design, development and production of precision pyrotechnic and inflation systems, low-cost precision munitions and solid-propellant manufacturing. CMMI best practices are incorporated into its system engineering processes throughout the lifecycle of these products.
By employing CMMI best practices, General Dynamics integrates management and engineering activities into its business objectives to ensure its products and services meet customer expectations. Achieving a Capability Level 3 rating demonstrates the company's commitment to continuous improvement.
"It is critical that our organization consistently delivers quality design, analysis, testing and production of our products to our military and aerospace customers," said Dan Paul, vice president of precision systems for General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems. "This CMMI Level 3 rating reflects our commitment to robust systems-engineering processes and validates our ability to manage program cost and schedule and achieve the system performance our customers expect and deserve."For more information about General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, please visit www.gd-ots.com. More information about General Dynamics is available online at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV