ANN ARBOR, Mich., June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Advanced Photonix ® (NYSE MKT: API), today announced that Picometrix, LLC, an API wholly owned subsidiary, has introduced a new 100G coherent receiver and has increased its supply chain capacity to meet demand in the growing 100G coherent optical communications market.
The new product is based on the industry standard CCRx MSA and OIF compliant CR-100A package and further expands the Picometrix industry leading 100G product family. The innovative receiver integrates a variable optical attenuator (VOA) on the signal path and is designed to increase dynamic range, as well as improve optical signal-to-noise ratio (OSNR) performance. The receiver (CR-100D) spans the entire extended C and L band wavelengths and can be used in "colorless" coherent networks that enable service providers to better manage network capacity. Colorless capabilities allow communication equipment to utilize any wavelength for any port at the add/drop site. This allows for faster data throughput and lower costs per bit transport, both of which are big concerns for the industry. The CR-100D is available with or without a VOA.
The demand for 100G coherent equipment has been growing rapidly as bandwidth intensive applications like full motion video and social media place demands on the networks infrastructure. Virtually every carrier is deploying, or plans to deploy, 100G systems into the Long Haul and Metro markets over the next several years. Over the past few quarters this sharp increase in demand, coupled with supply chain shortages, has placed a strain on the Company's ability to meet customer demand. The Company has worked diligently with strategic suppliers to significantly increase capacity, lower costs and provide added value in order to satisfy this rapid increase in demand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV