RYE, N.Y., June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH) (the " Company ") today announced the pricing of $250 million in aggregate principal amount of Senior Subordinated Convertible Notes due 2019 (the " Convertible Notes ") in a private offering to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. The Company has also granted the initial purchasers an option to purchase up to an additional $50 million aggregate principal amount of the Convertible Notes.
The Convertible Notes will pay interest semiannually at a rate of 1.50% per annum. Upon conversion, holders will receive, at the Company's discretion, cash, shares of the Company's common stock or a combination thereof. The conversion rate will be 17.1054 shares of the Company's common stock (subject to customary adjustments) per $1,000 principal amount of the Convertible Notes, which is equivalent to a conversion price of approximately $58.46 per share, which represents a conversion premium of 30% to the closing sale price of $44.97 per share of the Company's common stock on June 6, 2013.
The Company estimates that the net proceeds from the sale of the Convertible Notes will be approximately $243 million, after deducting estimated fees and expenses.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds for general corporate purposes.The sale of the Convertible Notes is expected to close on June 12, 2013. This press release is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy the Convertible Notes or the shares of common stock issuable upon conversion of the Convertible Notes, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV