GERMANTOWN, Maryland and HILDEN, Germany, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Expansion to about 20 validated gene panels will offer cus to mers new opportunities for targeted clinical sequencing in a growing range of indications in cancer and other diseases
- Driving adoption through ease of use, quality of results and compatibility with existing NGS workflows as well as with QIAGEN NGS platform now in development
- Integration of Ingenuity Knowledge Base greatly enhances ease and depth of NGS data interpretation, seen as key bottleneck to NGS adoption in clinical research and diagnostics
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced plans to significantly expand its existing portfolio of molecular assays used in next-generation sequencing (NGS) during 2013 as part of its expansion into this fast-growing market and ambitions to provide an ecosystem of products and services designed to drive greater use of this breakthrough technology in clinical research and diagnostics.
QIAGEN is exhibiting its NGS products at the European Society of Human Genetics Conference from June 8-11 in Paris.
The current portfolio of nine GeneRead™ DNAseq panels launched in late 2012 is being expanded to approximately 20 during the course of 2013. QIAGEN is leveraging its deep molecular content and assay portfolio to create these new gene panels for targeted NGS analysis based on the GeneGlobe portfolio of more than 60,000 annotated molecular assays. Initial customer demand has been very strong for these products, which are "universal" and are designed to be used on any NGS platform, and also to integrate seamlessly into the sample-to-result NGS workflow that includes the QIAGEN GeneReader platform targeted for placements to select customer groups in 2013.Since sequencing of entire human genomes requires considerable resources and time, users of NGS technology in clinical research and diagnostics often prefer to perform targeted sequencing of clinically relevant genes based on focused gene panels of interest. This expanding portfolio of products addresses the urgent needs of customers to efficiently generate relevant NGS data by providing fast turnaround time, low DNA input requirements and quality control standards, all of which result in more cost-effective, accurate and reproducible results from each sequencing run.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts