MOSCOW, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Mobile TeleSystems OJSC ("MTS" - NYSE: MBT), the leading telecommunications provider in Russia and the CIS, today announces its unaudited US GAAP financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2013.
Key Financial Highlights of Q1 2013
- Consolidated revenues up 2% y-o-y to RUB 93 billion
- Increase in mobile service revenue in Russia of 7% y-o-y to RUB 63 billion
- Consolidated Adjusted OIBDA  up 3% y-o-y to RUB 39 billion
- Group Adjusted OIBDA margin improved 0.3 pp to 42.1% Adjusted OIBDA y-o-y
- Consolidated net income  of RUB 13 billion
- Free cash-flow  reached RUB 24 billion for the first three months of 2013
Key Corporate and Industry Highlights
- Entered into transaction to acquire a 25.095% stake in MTS Bank through a share issuance for RUB 5.09 billion; the transaction was completed in early April 2013
- Approved a new dividend policy aimed at a payout of a minimum dividend distribution of at least 75% of free cash-flow for the relevant financial period or, if greater, RUB 40.0 billion per year
- Annual dividend recommendation by the MTS Board of Directors of RUB 14.6 per ordinary MTS share (approximately RUB 29.2 per ADR) for the 2012 fiscal year, amounting to a total of RUB 30.2 billion, and a semi-annual dividend recommendation of up to RUB 11.0 billion on the basis of H1 2013 financial and operating results
- Issued USD-denominated Loan Participation Notes in the amount of $500 million with an annual interest rate of 5.00% and a maturity in June 2023
- Placed exchange-traded ruble bond, which is worth RUB 10.0 billion and has a maturity of ten years
- Appointed Mr. Mikhail Arkhipov to the position of Vice President, Human Resources
- MTS's brand was ranked in the BRANDZ™ Top 100 Most Powerful Brands, a ranking published by the Financial Times and Millward Brown Optimor, with a brand value of $10.63 billion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV