As home prices rise, the agencies may find they do better executing through the retail channel than through pool sales.
Wilson says there is no reason to believe bulk sales are any more efficient than selling at the retail level.
"We do a pretty large volume through our retail channel. We sold 180,000 properties last year and 2,000 through pool sales. So we are pretty efficient. We have a robust process," he said.
-- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York.>Contact by Email. Follow @shavenk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV