ARMONK, N.Y. and NEW YORK, Jun 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) and 10gen, the MongoDB company, today announced they are collaborating on a new standard that will enable the Global 2000 to more easily embrace mobile computing. Driving this standard will help to unlock all of the data that exists within an enterprise and simplify the creation of next generation mobile and web apps for all platforms.
Since its inception, four million developers have downloaded MongoDB, the leading NoSQL database technology, to design mobile and web apps. By embracing this new standard, the two companies are providing mobile developers with the ability to combine the critical data managed by IBM DB2 systems with the next generation mobile apps that are being designed using MongoDB.
Now, organizations will be able to seamlessly create sophisticated apps without having to invest in new skills or tools that they do not possess today. MongoDB adoption is already broad across enterprises of all sizes, according to a number of indices, and by working together the two companies expect that adoption to grow.This collaboration further extends the IBM MobileFirst strategy to enable the quick and easy development of mobile apps for the enterprise. It also complements IBM's recent announcement of intent to acquire SoftLayer Technologies Inc., the world's largest privately held cloud computing infrastructure provider, making it easier for developers to access the technologies that support this new style of app development. With the help of this new standard, the widely adopted MongoDB query language and API will evolve to give developers and data administrators flexibility and choice when deploying modern apps. Using IBM Eclipse tools with IBM Worklight Studio, developers can now integrate MongoDB APIs for a consistent app development experience from device to the back end.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV