SAN FRANCISCO, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform ( http://www.salesforce.com/), today announced that Keith Block has joined the company as President and Vice Chairman, leading the company's global sales, customer support and consulting services organizations. In addition, Block has been appointed to salesforce.com's Board of Directors.
Block has led winning sales, consulting and engineering teams for nearly 30 years. In his most recent role as Oracle's Executive Vice President of North America Sales & Consulting, Block led an 11,000-person team and built a multi-billion dollar sales business unit that achieved record revenue growth and margin expansion over the span of 10 years.
Comments on the News
- "We are thrilled to welcome Keith to salesforce.com," said Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "His exceptional track record leading sales, consulting and engineering teams makes him a powerful addition to our world-class distribution and leadership team."
- "14 years ago, salesforce.com completely changed the face of enterprise software and they are once again leading a new era of software with next generation social and mobile cloud technologies," said Keith Block, President and Vice Chairman, salesforce.com. "I'm incredibly excited to join salesforce.com and help pave the way to $10 billion by delivering innovation, growth and customer success."
- Prior to joining salesforce.com, Block spent 26 years at Oracle, where he led the transformation to a specialized sales model to support industry, solution and market segmentation. In addition, Block served as an Executive Officer at Oracle and a member of Oracle's Executive Committee.
- Block began his career at Booz Allen Hamilton as a senior consultant to Air Force executives.
- Block serves on the Board of Trustees at the Concord Museum, the Advisory Board at Carnegie-Mellon University Heinz Graduate School, and the President's Advisory Council for Carnegie-Mellon University.
- Block holds an M.S. in Management & Policy Analysis and a B.S. in Information Systems Management from Carnegie-Mellon University. He is also a graduate of Carnegie-Mellon Heinz Graduate School.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV