Europe announced import tariffs of 11.8% , which the market took as favorable news. LDK,
Yingli Green Energy
(FSLR) either opened higher or traded higher during Thursday's trading session.
It appears LDK sellers took advantage of the pop in share price and sold into the news. LDK closed at $1.40 Thursday, just slightly above its $1.37 low point on the day. Shareholders have not been rewarded for their patience; the stock has fallen 15% in the last year, and the average analyst target price is $1.10.
I can't think of a good reason to buy this stock. However, for investors who don't mind playing the Wall Street "Lotto," LDK can be treated like a stock option.
In LDK's case, you're not losing time premium from an upcoming expiration date, but the negative cash flow that may lead to bankruptcy acts nearly the same. In a nutshell, LDK is in a race against the clock to reverse its losses.Invest accordingly. 52-Week Range: 71 cents to $2.36 Book Value: -$3.05 LDK Revenue Quarterly data by YCharts
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV