FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- APIC Conference, Booth #516 – Kimberly-Clark today announced that its Kleenex Clean Hands Care Program will be unveiled at the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) 40 th annual conference. New data related to surface disinfection practices will also be highlighted, reinforcing Kimberly-Clark's complete hand and surface hygiene offering.
Aligning with its dedication to providing infection prevention solutions, Kimberly-Clark is a market leader in delivering critical healthcare-associated infection (HAI) prevention education, products and research to the healthcare community . Approximately 1.7 million hospital patients contract an HAI each year in the United States, however a large number of these infections are preventable.
"Creating safer healthcare environments is a team effort. Kimberly-Clark designed the Clean Hands Care Program to help drive greater visibility and knowledge of the critical role hand hygiene plays in the transmission of germs. Our goal is to help empower patients, visitors and healthcare professionals alike to work together to reduce the incidence of preventable infections," said Joanne Bauer, President, Kimberly-Clark Health Care. "At Kimberly-Clark, we recognize the continuous need for developing cutting-edge product solutions, producing engaging educational materials and sharing best practices to aid in HAI prevention."
Kleenex Clean Hands Care ProgramAccording to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hand hygiene is one of the most important ways to prevent the spread of infections. The Kleenex Clean Hands Care Program is a comprehensive approach to hand hygiene designed to engage healthcare professionals and empower patients to create a safer healthcare environment. The program provides Kleenex hand hygiene product solutions, as well as timely and relevant clinical and patient education around infection prevention. Tenets of the program include:Clinical Resources
- The Kleenex Clean Hands Care Hand Washing Challenge, cross-functional training sessions hosted by Kimberly-Clark.
- Accredited education programs, designed to provide an overview of transmission of microorganisms, techniques for hand hygiene, hand hygiene adherence rates and strategies to boost compliance.
- How to hand wash and sanitize posters, providing clear step-by-step instructions to support a quality hand wash and proper use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- A three-part DVD series on training solutions for environmental service professionals and infection prevention and control managers.
- Dedicated clinical website resources, www.CleanHandsCare.com and www.haiwatch.com.
- Dedicated patient education website, www.preventinfections.com.
- Quick response (QR) code enabled posters, featuring patient safety videos sponsored by the CDC, Joint Commission, Kimberly-Clark and Safe Care Campaign.
- Personal patient information kit including Kleenex sanitizer, Kleenex tissue pocket pack and Kleenex wet wipes for the face and hands.
- Patient checklist for infection prevention, an informational brochure that can be provided to patients, visitors and family to help reduce the risk of infection while receiving care.
- Educational materials including mirror clings, tent cards and dispenser labels to be used in patient rooms and hallways.