Aeterna Zentaris Announces Dismissal Of Class Action Lawsuit
QUEBEC CITY, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (NASDAQ: AEZS) (TSX: AEZ) (the "Company"), announced today that the previously disclosed purported class action lawsuit filed against the Company and certain of its officers (the "Defendants") by Faruqi & Faruqi LLP in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York has been entirely dismissed with prejudice and without leave to amend. No payment was made by any of the Defendants to the plaintiff or his counsel in connection with the lawsuit. The plaintiff has 30 days from the docketing of the final judgment to file a notice of appeal, if he determines to do so.
"We are extremely pleased that the Court recognized and confirmed the Defendants' long-held view that the plaintiff's claims were entirely without merit and granted in full and with prejudice our motion to dismiss, producing the outcome that we had expected all along", commented David Dodd, President and Chief Executive Officer of Aeterna Zentaris.
About Aeterna Zentaris Inc.
Aeterna Zentaris is an oncology and endocrinology drug development company currently investigating treatments for various unmet medical needs. The Company's pipeline encompasses compounds at all stages of development, from drug discovery through to marketed products. For more information, visit www.aezsinc.com.SOURCE Aeterna Zentaris Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV