GREENVILLE, S.C., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With tropical storm Andrea expected to bring heavy rain and high winds to the Carolinas Thursday, Verizon Wireless has prepared its network and emergency response teams to respond to the storm. In preparation of this severe weather, emergency response teams are on standby in South and North Carolina, and Cell on Wheels (COWS), Cell on Light Trucks (COLTS), and generators on trailers (GOaTS) are ready for immediate deployment to areas that experience major damage, power outages and flooding.
"Verizon will have real time monitoring of network performance during and after the storm to ensure that our customers maintain maximum connectivity," said Jerry Fountain, Verizon Wireless Carolinas/ Tennessee region president. "We are ready for tropical storm Andrea, and we want our customers and communities to feel confident in our preparations to handle whatever severe weather the tropical storm brings to the Carolinas."
Wireless technology is an important element in severe weather preparations so Verizon Wireless recommends these mobile applications and tips to stay connected to the information you need during and after severe weather:
- Make sure your wireless phone can receive Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) from your local public safety system. Imminent Danger Alerts will be distributed via text message when extreme weather threat levels are high in your area.
- Download mobile apps to help you track storms and access important information from emergency agencies like the American Red Cross and FEMA.
- Use text messaging instead of voice calls to communicate during and after a disaster.
Verizon Wireless' ongoing investments and preparations have proven critical during emergency situations in previous years. Verizon guarantees its position as the nation's most reliable wireless network through several proactive initiatives including:
- Prearranging fuel delivery to mobile units and generators to keep the network operating at full strength even if power is lost.
- Ensuring residents of impacted areas can reach loved ones and start personal recovery by readying mobile stores and charging stations for deployment, as well as collaborating with local response agencies to prepare emergency equipment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV