ANN ARBOR, Mich., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Helping kick off June Dairy Month, Domino's Pizza is extremely proud to join with the dairy industry in 'Delivering Dairy Goodness' – highlighted by events throughout the month of June and beyond, around the U.S.
The recognized world leader in pizza delivery (NYSE: DPZ), in partnership with the Dairy Farmers of Utah, will debut the 'Delivering Dairy Goodness' program at Canyon View Farms in Midway, UT, on June 8.
The "Day on the Farm" event will showcase how farmers create dairy goodness through their commitment to working hard and producing quality dairy products – a true way of life on their farms. The day will include a farm tour, petting zoo and, of course, free pizza."We have enjoyed a strong five-year partnership with Domino's that includes new opportunities through our 'dairy goodness' efforts," said Paul Rovey, Arizona dairy farmer and chair of Dairy Management, Inc. (DMI), which works to help protect and build dairy consumption on behalf of America's dairy farmers and importers. "It is important that we connect consumers across the country with our farms, and showcase the important work we do to help produce terrific things – like great-tasting Domino's pizzas."
Domino's and other dairy promotion organizations around the country will invite the public to additional 'Delivering Dairy Goodness' events – both on and off the farm – this summer. "Domino's Pizza is privileged to partner with America's dairy farmers and importers," said Patrick Doyle, Domino's Pizza president and chief executive officer. "The 'Delivering Dairy Goodness' events are a terrific way for our local business owners, along with dairy farm family businesses, to connect with their communities around the country." For additional information on upcoming 'Delivering Dairy Goodness' events in your area, or to see photos from previous events, please visit dairygood.org/dominos for dates, times and locations. More information about the dairy industry can be found at www.dairygood.org. Upcoming 'Delivering Dairy Goodness' Events
- Day on the Farm at Canyon View Farms, June 8
- 970 River Road
- Midway, Utah 84049
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Farm tours, petting zoo, games, prizes and meet farmers
- Deanna Rose Farmstead Dairy Day, June 8
- 13800 Switzer Rd.
- Overland Park, KS 66221
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- A day on the farm with live cow milking, butter churning, dairy crafts and meet farmers
- June Dairy Month Breakfast on the Farm – Hosted by the Bison Dairy Club, July 13
- North Dakota State University Dairy Facility
- Fargo, ND 68108
- 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Farm tours and breakfast
- Chaney's Dairy Barn, August 2
- 9191 Nashville Rd.
- Bowling Green, KY 42101
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Farm tours, ice cream and movie night on the farm
- What began as "National Milk Month" in 1937 is now called June Dairy Month to annually celebrate the contributions made by the dairy industry.
- There are almost 50,000 dairy farm families in the United States that make it possible to produce milk, cheese, yogurt and other dairy products for consumers in the U.S. and around the world.
- Cows are interesting creatures. They have four stomachs, 32 teeth and can smell something up to six miles away.
- There are six main breeds of dairy cows: Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Milking Shorthorn, Jersey, Holstein and Guernsey. Holstein is the most common breed in the United States.
- One cow will produce an average of 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
- There are 300 varieties of cheese in the U.S. Cheddar is the most popular.
- It takes 10 pounds of milk to make 1 pound of whole milk cheese.
- Dairy is the No. 1 agricultural business in Arizona, California, Idaho, Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont and Wisconsin.
- Domino's Americas Legends® Specialty Pizzas, Stuffed Cheesy Bread, and Handmade Pan Pizza were developed in partnership with America's Dairy Farmers and importers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV