3. As of noon trading, FirstEnergy ( FE) is down $0.31 (-0.8%) to $38.37 on light volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $38.31-$38.90 after having opened the day at $38.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.68. FirstEnergy Corp., a diversified energy holding company, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in the United States. The company operates in Regulated Distribution, Regulated Transmission, and Competitive Energy Services segments. FirstEnergy has a market cap of $16.3 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate FirstEnergy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates FirstEnergy as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its generally strong cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts