3 Stocks Dragging The Specialty Retail Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Francescas Holdings ( FRAN) is down $2.81 (-9.3%) to $27.28 on heavy volume Thus far, 3.3 million shares of Francescas Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $26.58-$27.99 after having opened the day at $27.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.09. Francesca's Holdings Corporation, through its subsidiary, Francesca's Collections, Inc., operates a chain of retail boutiques. The company offers a selection of fashion apparel, jewelry, accessories, and gifts primarily to its female customers. Francescas Holdings has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Francescas Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Francescas Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock itself is trading at a premium valuation. Get the full Francescas Holdings Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts