3 Utilities Stocks Driving The Sector Higher
2. As of noon trading, NextEra Energy ( NEE) is up $0.49 (0.64) to $76.48 on average volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of NextEra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $75.79-$77.11 after having opened the day at $75.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.99. NextEra Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electric energy in the United States and Canada. The company is involved in the generation of renewable energy from wind and solar projects. NextEra Energy has a market cap of $32.5 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate NextEra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NextEra Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts