Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:35 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Friday.
United Continental (UAL) was upgraded to neutral from sell by Goldman Sachs. Cramer likes that call because he sees the airline group "not as a trade, but an investment." UAL ended Friday trading up 7.4% to $32.94.
Monsanto (MON) announced a $2 billion share repurchase plan. Cramer said this may help the stock rebound from a bad quarter. MON rose 3% to $101.65.GAP (GPS) announced strong retail sales numbers. Cramer loved it. "These guys are back!" he exclaimed. GPS ended at $42.09, up 2.7%. RBC likes Biogen (BIIB), whose shares rose after a recent pullback. According to Cramer, the fact that biotech is back is a good sign. BIIB rose by 1.7% to $225.02. Tivo (TIVO) settled a longstanding DVR patent lawsuit with Google's (GOOG) Motorola and clearly investors were not happy with the results, Cramer said. TIVO turned off investors, plummeting 19.1% to $11.10. Arch Coal (ACI) and other coal stocks are all headed lower, according to Raymond James. "It's a little late to sell" these stocks now, Cramer said. ACI ended the day 3.9% lower at $4.91. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV