TORONTO, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Sun Life Financial is pleased to be named to the 2013 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada ranking by Corporate Knights. It's the eighth time in 12 years that Sun Life has been named to the list. The Best 50 Corporate Citizens recognizes Sun Life as one of the country's top companies across resource, employee and financial management - which are critical elements of Sun Life's focus on sustainability.
"We're honoured to be viewed as a leading corporate citizen," says Phil Gillin [VIDEO], Senior Managing Director, Head of Canadian Property Investment, Sun Life Financial. "We're committed to operating as a sustainable company; that means taking accountability for our interactions with the environment, contributing to communities where we live and work, and developing high-performing employees focused on nurturing enduring customer relationships."
Sun Life is one of only three insurers on the Best 50 Corporate Citizens this year. Key factors that contributed to Sun Life's recognition included leadership diversity and linking compensation with talent management and customer satisfaction - which align with Sun Life's priorities to create a high performance culture, intensify customer focus and improve productivity. For more complete information about the methodology, visit www.corporateknights.com.
Sun Life and sustainabilityIn addition to the Best 50 Corporate Citizens ranking, Sun Life is the only North American insurance company on the Corporate Knights 2013 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World. Making life brighter [INFOGRAPHIC] through sustainable endeavours is at the very heart of helping people achieve lifetime financial security and ensuring Sun Life delivers value to its stakeholders. Making life brighter through sustainable business practices, to Sun Life, means:
- Fighting diseases, like diabetes, and improving health around the world;
- Giving back to the community by supporting social services, providing disaster relief and encouraging volunteerism among Sun Life's employees;
- Working with environmentally sustainable organizations and like-minded companies to advance the importance of sustainability within Sun Life's operations and, ultimately, the world; and
- Making responsible, sustainable investments to contribute to the Canadian and global economies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV