ALEXANDRIA, Va., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] was chosen along with 14 other companies to provide a variety of operational support services for the Navy under the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SSC) Atlantic's Business and Force Support Multiple Award Pillar contract. The award has a potential cumulative value (if all options are exercised) across the 15 awardees of $900 million.
"This IDIQ contract win allows Lockheed Martin to offer industry leading support that serves the needs of the warfighter and U.S. Military global operations," said Willie Callahan, vice president of Data, Analytics and Services with Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions. "The services under this contract will help the Navy achieve its mission needs of maximizing productivity, efficiency and security."
Under this multiple award Indefinite-Delivery-Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Lockheed Martin will look to provide technical services associated with full system lifecycle support of computers and combat systems that aid in carrying out battle, business and intelligence activities.Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 118,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion. For more information, visit: Lockheed Martin Defense IT SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV