BALTIMORE, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced today that its shareholders re-elected its eight Directors at the Company's Annual Shareholders' meeting held today. The re-elected Directors are: Mr. David D. Smith, Chairman of the Board, CEO and President of Sinclair; Mr. Frederick G. Smith, Vice President of Sinclair; Mr. J. Duncan Smith, Vice President and Secretary of Sinclair; Mr. Robert E. Smith, Director; Mr. Basil A. Thomas, Director; Mr. Lawrence E. McCanna, Director; Mr. Daniel C. Keith, Founder and President of the Cavanaugh Group, Inc.; and Mr. Martin R. Leader, Director.
The shareholders also ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP as its independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013 and approved the 2013 Executive Incentive Plan. A tabulation of the votes on these matters will be included in a Current Report on Form 8-K to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
On a pro forma basis assuming consummation of all previously announced acquisitions, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies, will own and operate, program or provide sales services to 140 television stations in 72 markets. Sinclair's television group will reach approximately 34.8% of U.S. television households and will be affiliated with all major networks. Sinclair's television portfolio will include 32 FOX,
20 MNT, 23 CW, 19 ABC, 25 CBS, 14 NBC, 5 Univision, one Azteca and one independent station. Sinclair owns equity interests in various non-broadcast related companies. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV