NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Are there undervalued stocks out there? TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg talked with James Barksdale, portfolio manager for the EIC Value Fund, about some that could be worth the investment.
Tech giant Microsoft (MSFT) could be considered undervalued, despite its recent run into the mid-$30 range, Barksdale pointed out. It's a stock that people have "loved to hate" in the past, he noted.
Wells Fargo (WFC), a Warren Buffett favorite, has a 3% dividend yield and is profiting from a rebounding housing market, so it could be a great pick for many investors .
Barksdale added that the bank has an excellent management team and is rather conservative, keeping derivatives off its balance sheet, unlike most banks. At just 12 times earnings, the stock also seems somewhat undervalued.Finally, despite the large run health care stocks have seen this year, C.R. Bard (BCR) is one of his picks. While admitting he's unsure about the short-term movement, Barksdale is confident this company will be a winner over the long haul. While there may be some headwinds over the next year, this company has proved to be managed well. "Long term, they've known how to reinvest capital [and] continue to grow," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV