DUBLIN, Ireland, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- XL Group plc ("XL" or the "Company") (NYSE: XL) today launched Fast Fast Forward, a new online platform for commentary, news and tools to advance discussion of risk and business challenges. Fast Fast Forward's inaugural launch dives into two integral topics: Talent & Technology.
"Today, like never before, winning the business means winning the long term battle for the best talent. This is especially true in (re)insurance, a heavily talent driven business," says XL CEO Mike McGavick. "And to win the best talent, you have to create the right environment, where teams can work with and around the best tools and technology and are driven by understanding how technology, in a broader sense, is the accelerant that is changing – and challenging - everything."
"Technology allows us to connect, share and collaborate," according to Elliott Bundy, XL's Vice President of Strategic Communication. "That's extremely important in this industry as we search for and develop solutions to help businesses manage or remove risks that stand in their way of progress. Fast Fast Forward is going to be an ongoing conversation. We'll share news and insight from XL's experts and other industry leaders about new and emerging risks and the complex issues we need to consider in today's fast changing business environment."
Here's what can be found on Fast Fast Forward today:
- Coverage of XL's Chief Executive of Insurance Operations Greg Hendrick's recent keynote at Advisen's 2013 State of the Property & Casualty Job Market Conference on the future requirements of insurance industry talent.
- "Talent & Technology as Growth Accelerators," an article by XL's Chief Executive of North America Property & Casualty Seraina Maag on how technology is a major driver of change in the insurance business and the industries it serves and the need to attract the next generation of risk management professionals while at the same time using technology to streamline activities, improve costs and increase productivity.
- "Cyber Terrorism: Infinite Risk and Infinite Exposures," an article by XL's IT Security Officer Thomas Dunbar reporting on growing threat of cyber terrorism and the complex issues that underwriters, IT professionals and risk managers consider when looking to protect company's technology from cyber attacks.
- A new white paper – "Cyber Attacks and Critical Infrastructure" – on the potential environmental risks associated with cyber attacks on infrastructures such as pipelines and utilities.
- Social media-related content, including features on the risks of social media to business' reputations by New York-based investor relations firm Sard Verbinnen & Co. and on how companies are insuring against social media risks by XL Group's cyber risk team.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV