BATTLE CREEK, Mich., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kellogg Company is introducing several new breakfast products to meet the changing needs and preferences of many of its consumers, including Special K® Nourish hot cereal and bars, and Kellogg's® To Go breakfast shakes.
"Special K Nourish hot cereal and bars are specifically designed for people who are seeking positive nutrition to help manage their weight," said Doug VanDeVelde, senior vice president, Kellogg Morning Foods. "These consumers are focused on eating better, not just eating less."
When considering a nutritious breakfast, 54 percent of consumers think fiber is important and 49 percent think protein is important.[i] Special K Nourish hot cereal features a unique whole grain blend, including quinoa, oats, barley and wheat, and each serving provides 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.
This is the first-ever hot cereal from Special K in the U.S. and it debuts in three flavors: maple brown sugar crunch, cranberry almond, and cinnamon raisin pecan. Nourish hot cereal comes in a two-pack of single-serve cups that can be quickly prepared stirring in hot water or by adding cool water and heating in a microwave. Nuts and fruit are provided in a removable cap and can be stirred into the hot cereal for a delicious taste experience.Nourish nutrition bars provide 5 grams fiber and 8 grams protein and each bar is made with premium ingredients such as quinoa, fruit, nuts, and seeds. They debut in dark chocolate nut delight, cranberry almond, and lemon twist flavors. Even though most consumers know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, thirty million Americans skip breakfast every day, with young adults (20 percent) and teens (17 percent) having the highest rate of missing their morning meal.[ii] The number one thing that would enable more people to eat breakfast is increased availability of convenient breakfast items.[iii]
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV