CLEVELAND, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Greetings today announced it has been named to the Online Trust Alliance (OTA) 2013 Online Trust Honor Roll for demonstrating exceptional data protection, privacy and security in an effort to better protect their customers and brand from the increased threats of cybercriminals and to elevate their trust level.
"Consumers are trading billions of pieces of personal data in exchange for desired services. They rely on the integrity of the businesses collecting and storing this information to protect them," said Craig Spiezle, president and executive director of the Online Trust Alliance. "We are very pleased with the voluntary level of adoption many consumer-facing websites implemented this year that went above and beyond baseline compliance."
"Through an ongoing process we have evolved our data security and privacy practices from one of compliance to one of stewardship" said Joseph Yanoska, Vice President, Technology, American Greetings. "We're honored by the recognition the OTA has given us, and are committed to support their efforts. We share and embrace their approach to security and hope that it results in a higher level of trust from our customer base."Nearly a third of the companies reviewed made the Honor Roll, including American Greetings. The report indicates that company size and/or sales are not true measures of the level of security and privacy a company implements. "All companies are equally evaluated by the same criterion regardless of size. We have seen large e-retailers with significant sales fail to make the Honor Roll; conversely we have seen small to mid-size companies taking top grades," said Spiezle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV