GREER, S.C., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- All 337 Buffets, Inc. restaurants, including Ryan's®, HomeTown® Buffet and Old Country Buffet®, are showing kids that there's fun in building vocabulary skills by offering free Word Girl ™ activities during Thursday Family Nights ( 5-8 pm) throughout the month of June. The free Word Girl activities are part of an ongoing partnership with Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL), the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books.
"Families enjoy the variety we offer, knowing that everyone can find something that they love and that there's always something new to try," said Alice Crowder, Vice President of Marketing for Buffets, Inc. "We are proud to follow these same standards with the family-friendly activities featured in our restaurants."
Word Girl is a crime-fighting superhero who uses her vocabulary to seek truth and justice in using the right words. Her trusty sidekick, Captain Huggy Face, fights alongside her as they use dictionary strength powers. Children may catch World Girl on PBS KIDS GO!, and improve their vocabulary through her adventures.Word Of the Week In addition to free Word Girl activity sheets, kids can tap into more fun by going online with their parents to play the Word of the Week and get a special online achievement certificate. The Word of the Week application is available starting June 5 on any of Buffets, Inc. official restaurant websites: www.Ryans.com , www.HomeTownBuffet.com , or www.OldCountryBuffet.com and www.Buffet.com. "We are delighted to continue our partnership with Scholastic by offering activities featuring popular and lovable characters like Word Girl," said Crowder. "These activities help bring families closer as kids learn and expand their minds with guidance from their parents."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV