- Building connections, strengthening teams: More than 1,000 employees across the organization are actively involved in I&D efforts through diversity councils, mentoring programs, community events and employee resource groups.
- Helping customers manage energy usage: NIPSCO provided a $70,000 grant to the Holistic Community Coalition's Workforce Development Weatherization Initiative providing "do-it-yourself" energy conservation, education workshops and in-home weatherization installations for more than 200 residents.
- Touching lives, improving communities: Employees at NiSource Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania and Columbia Gas of Maryland took part in the United Way Day of Caring events. Combined, more than 300 employees participated and raised nearly $100,000 in contributions through the company's 2012 United Way campaign.
- Building economic inclusion with diverse suppliers: Central to our commitment to I&D is a fully integrated and operationally supported Supplier Diversity initiative. In 2012, NiSource Supply Chain increased its diverse spend goal by nearly 4 percent from the prior year investing more than $75 million with diverse suppliers.
NiSource Publishes First Inclusion And Diversity Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.