MERRILLVILLE, Ind., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NiSource (NYSE: NI) today released its first Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) Report, which highlights the progress toward advancing I&D as an essential part of the company's strategic direction and operational identity. The report details NiSource's commitment, ongoing strategy and achievements through four dimensions of I&D: employees, customers, communities and supplier diversity. The full report is available at http://www.nisource.com/en/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity.aspx.
"Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) is central to our efforts to build a stronger company that respects and values everyone's unique contributions, views and fundamental desire to do good work," said NiSource President and CEO Robert C. Skaggs, Jr. "This commitment is more than just the right thing to do. It drives tangible benefits for our company, our customers and all our stakeholders."
The report provides a sampling of the I&D efforts occurring across NiSource and its subsidiary companies. Highlights from the I&D Report include:
- Building connections, strengthening teams: More than 1,000 employees across the organization are actively involved in I&D efforts through diversity councils, mentoring programs, community events and employee resource groups.
- Helping customers manage energy usage: NIPSCO provided a $70,000 grant to the Holistic Community Coalition's Workforce Development Weatherization Initiative providing "do-it-yourself" energy conservation, education workshops and in-home weatherization installations for more than 200 residents.
- Touching lives, improving communities: Employees at NiSource Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania and Columbia Gas of Maryland took part in the United Way Day of Caring events. Combined, more than 300 employees participated and raised nearly $100,000 in contributions through the company's 2012 United Way campaign.
- Building economic inclusion with diverse suppliers: Central to our commitment to I&D is a fully integrated and operationally supported Supplier Diversity initiative. In 2012, NiSource Supply Chain increased its diverse spend goal by nearly 4 percent from the prior year investing more than $75 million with diverse suppliers.
About NiSourceNiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI), based in Merrillville, Ind., is a Fortune 500 company engaged in natural gas transmission, storage and distribution, as well as electric generation, transmission and distribution. Designated as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2012 and 2013, NiSource operating companies deliver energy to 3.8 million customers located within the high-demand energy corridor stretching from the Gulf Coast through the Midwest to New England. Information about NiSource and its subsidiaries is available via the Internet at www.nisource.com. NI-FSOURCE NiSource Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV