Other areas where athenaClinicals is recognized for outperforming competing ambulatory EMRs include:
- Would Buy Again: Ninety-six percent of providers said they would purchase athenaClinicals again, higher than any other product in the report (11-75 physicians)
- Part of Long-Term Plans: One hundred percent of providers said that athenaClinicals is part of their long-term plans (11-75 physicians)
- Few Modifications: Less than one-third of athenaClinicals' clients needed to do extensive modifications to their athenaClinicals system, whereas other vendors' clients faced more significant modifications
As highlighted in the KLAS report, athenahealth clients had positive feedback to share about their experience using the cloud-based EHR—among the quotes, one physician reported that athenaClinicals "...runs really well 'out of the box.' It is not like an EPIC product that an army of people have to take two years to configure."
When asked about the KLAS report findings, athenahealth client and integrative pediatrician, Dr. Lawrence Rosen, said: "Although I was not interviewed by KLAS, my experience with athenaClinicals mirrors that of the physicians surveyed for this report—from initial go-live back in 2008 up through today, I've found the EHR to be incredibly user friendly, requiring few clicks, and allowing me to go about my day and focus on what's most important; delivering high quality care to my patients. Also, because of how intuitive the service is, I don't need to spend hours training new staff, or course-correcting best practices for inputting clinical information. This saves my practice valuable time—and money."
Jonathan Bush, CEO and chairman, athenahealth, said: "Being rated as the most usable EHR and as the best at driving provider effectiveness and efficiencies, it doesn't get much better than that. We aim for EHR usability where it matters—at the practice level, as part of the natural caregiver workflow, and to make regulatory compliance simple. At athenahealth, our aim is to be medical caregivers' most trusted service, helping them do well doing the right thing. These KLAS usability findings validate our mission and purpose."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts