JACKSONVILLE, Fla., June 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today reported that total sales for the four-week period ended June 1, 2013 increased 3.6 percent and comparable store sales increased 8.2 percent.
The table below shows total sales for the period ended June 1, 2013 compared to the period ended May 26, 2012, while comparable store sales measures the period ended June 1, 2013 against the respective period ending June 2, 2012.
|Total Sales (in millions)||Total Sales||Comparable Store Sales|
|May (4 weeks)||$107.3||$103.6||3.6%||8.2%||3.1%|
|Year-to-date (17 weeks)||$428.7||$413.3||3.7%||2.9%||0.4%|
Linens, ladies' casual sportswear, ladies' boutique and ladies' career sportswear posted the strongest sales for the month, while ladies' special sizes, ladies' accessories, men's sportswear and dresses were more challenged. Geographically, sales increased in every state with our Southeast states performing better than the chain and our Northeast states performing slightly lower."We are thrilled to announce our May comparable store sales increase of 8.2 percent, which was on top of a strong 8.0 percent increase in April," said Jay Stein, Interim Chief Executive Officer. "These results were driven by our ability to deliver great fashion, brands and pricing, through a well-executed merchandising and marketing strategy." The Company operated 262 stores at the end of May this year compared to 263 stores last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV