CHICAGO, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- "Big Ideas in Small Spaces: Proportion in Design" panel brings together leading architects, innovators and automotive designers to push the boundaries of the global design world
- Ford is joining with the Chicago Architecture Foundation in a discussion on common design trends between cars and buildings
- Vehicles and buildings are expected to be stylish as unique creations, but must also reflect their time and surroundings while offering practical access to features people require for daily use
Sleekly fashioned from steel and glass and carefully designed to accentuate their surroundings, today's buildings are judged on individual aesthetics as much as their ability to complement their cityscape. They have much in common, then, with many of today's automobiles, which are designed to be both beautiful and culturally relevant with visual elements that reflect their era.
Today, Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is joining with the Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) to discuss how the two industries are moving in parallel, interpreting similar trends and learning from each other.
"Big Ideas in Small Spaces: Proportion in Design," a luncheon panel hosted by Ford and CAF, features automotive design experts and Chicago-based architects and innovators who will discuss how societal trends inspire and influence both the architectural and automotive industries."My favorite buildings are pristine, pure and simple, but they work because they are placed in a position that allows culture around them to shine," said J Mays, group vice president, global design, and chief creative officer, Ford Motor Company. "Cars, like architecture, have to be appropriate for their culture. A well-designed building or car will give a viewer a guide into the time in which it is built."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV