CHICAGO, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CareerBuilder just launched an exciting new experience for tablet users that is redefining mobile job search ( tablet.careerbuilder.com). The highly personalized and intuitive experience enables tablet users to not only discover jobs, but insights about other candidates who applied for them and a host of other cool features.
Thirty-nine percent of the U.S. population now uses a tablet 1 and more than 9 million workers search for jobs via mobile devices today. 2
Organized in simple tiles, CareerBuilder's new tablet search technology understands the job seeker's preferences and instantly provides more relevant information in a slick, visual way. Key features include:
- When you pull up a job listing, you can instantly see how many other candidates have already applied. You can also see in aggregate their education level and years of experience, what companies they worked for, schools they attended, etc. You can assess how you stack up against the competition and if it's worth your time to apply.
- Job listings also have a unique GPS function that tells you how long your commute would be if you drove, walked, rode a bike or took public transportation.
- You can apply to jobs via your tablet with a resume stored on CareerBuilder in just two taps.
- When you're searching, you can choose from a host of company attributes that are important to you like company size, type of corporate culture, flexible schedules, whether it's a start up, etc. This helps the technology learn the type of work experience you're looking for.
- You also have your own customized content section with featured companies and articles that most closely match your job search behavior and interests.
"Touch is the new frontier for job search," said Hope Gurion, Chief Product Officer for CareerBuilder. "Tablet users expect to see jobs information in a visual way that reflects the visual approach of the overall Web. CareerBuilder's tablet technology brings a whole new dimension to the search experience. This is especially critical in a time when mobile job search is exploding and companies are missing out on talent because they're not mobile-optimized."Why is it so important to provide this type of mobile job search experience? Fact: Mobile job search is growing at an accelerated rate. According to comScore, 9.3 million workers searched for jobs via their mobile devices in March 2013, up from 2.3 million in March 2012. 2 Google's data indicates that 31 percent of searches for "jobs" come from mobile devices. 3 Fact: The vast majority of companies don't have mobile-optimized career sites. In a CareerBuilder study of the Fortune 500, the company found that only 99 of them (20 percent) had career sites with a mobile-friendly process to search for jobs. Of that 99, only 14 of them had a mobile-friendly process to actually apply for jobs; 64 will let job seekers email the jobs to themselves to apply later. Fact: It's not uncommon to see mobile job applications that are ten pages long. CareerBuilder recently audited a sample apply process for each of 686 different clients and found that the apply processes range from 1 to 22 pages in length. 5-plus pages: 348 (51 percent)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts