NEW YORK -- Google (GOOG) is nearing completion of a $1.3 billion deal to acquire Waze, the Israel-based mobile mapping and navigation company, according to Globes, an Israeli business publication.
Google declined to comment on the report, Globes said.
Bloomberg, citing a person with knowledge of the deal, reported that Google could announce a deal for Waze, a startup with nearly 50 million users, as early as Monday. Bloomberg put the price tag at $1.1 billion.
Apple (AAPL) holds its Worldwide Developers Conference starting Monday in San Francisco, and although the tech giant hasn't said what it will unveil at the conference reports said the company could reveal a digital radio service and changes to the software behind its iPhones and iPads. One of the main attractions at WWDC is expected to be Apple's next mobile operating system, iOS 7. The previous mobile OS, iOS 6, had many improvements and features over the previous version, and this update is expected to be a dramatic reimagining of what iOS looks like. Apple's WWDC: What to Expect
Texas Instruments (TXN) is expected Tuesday to provide investors with a financial update of its second quarter in a Webcast at 5 p.m. EDT. Back in April, the chipmaker forecast second-quarter revenue of between $2.93 billion and $3.17 billion, and earnings of 37 cents to 45 cents a share. Wall Street expects second-quarter profit from Texas Instruments of 42 cents a share on revenue of $3.06 billion.
Lululemon Athletica (LULU) is expected by analysts on Monday to post first-quarter earnings of 30 cents a share on revenue of $341.1 million.
Diamond Foods (DMND) is forecast to post a fiscal third-quarter loss of 17 cents a share.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV