- Added 69,622 total jobs since 2011, 5 percent growth
- Added 6,243 construction jobs, 8 percent growth
- Added 904 other housing supply chain jobs, 6 percent growth
- Added 118,617 total job since 2011, 5 percent growth
- Added 13,963 construction jobs, 13 percent growth
- Added 465 other housing supply chain jobs, 2 percent growth
- Added 75,281 total jobs since 2011, 4 percent growth
- Added 11,414 construction jobs, 11 percent growth
- Added 1,097 other housing supply chain jobs, 5 percent growth
- Added 33,370 total jobs since 2011, 4 percent growth
- Added 2,524 construction jobs, 6 percent growth
- Added 255 other housing supply chain jobs, 4 percent growth
1 EMSI data is collected from more than 90 federal and state sources, such as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. Census Bureau, and state labor departments. EMSI removes suppressions often found in publicly available data and includes proprietors, creating a complete picture of the workforce.
2 For the purpose of this study, EMSI included the following in the definition of housing supply chain jobs: home centers and other home furnishing stores; building materials dealers; hardware, paint, and wallpaper stores; mortgage and nonmortgage loan brokers; and miscellaneous home and household furniture manufacturing.
Hot housing markets based on 24/7 Wall St.'s review of Zillow data, April 2013. Employment data supplied by EMSI.
About EMSIEconomic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI) is a CareerBuilder company that provides industry-leading employment data and economic analysis via web tools and custom reports. EMSI turns vast amounts of labor market data into easy-to-use information that helps organizations understand the connection between economies, people, and work, and ultimately build a better workforce. EMSI's web tools - Analyst and Career Coach - are used by thousands of professionals in higher education, workforce and economic development, and the private sector. EMSI has also produced more than 1,200 comprehensive impact analyses for colleges and universities in the U.S. and internationally.