DEARBORN, Mich., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company Fund is sponsoring an Honor Flight for World War II veterans to visit the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C., on the anniversary of D-Day – one of three Ford-sponsored Honor Flights in 2013
- Ford Fund announces $278,000 in grants to DAV (Disabled American Veterans), bringing its total support for veterans to more than $6.5 million since 1996
- Ford Motor Company's support of veterans dates back to 1922
On the 69th anniversary of D-Day, which commemorates the landing of Allied troops in Normandy, Ford Motor Company Fund is sponsoring an Honor Flight for 26 World War II veterans from Kentucky and their guardians to visit the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Ford Fund also announces a $200,000 grant for purchase of another seven vehicles for DAV Transportation Network, bringing to 171 the total number of Ford-donated vehicles in the DAV fleet for transporting disabled veterans to medical appointments. Another $78,000 has been donated to DAV for its National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic and other programs.
"As a veteran myself, it is an honor and privilege to travel to Washington, D.C., alongside these brave Americans who served our country nearly 70 years ago," said Al Lindsey, manager, material planning and logistics at Ford's Louisville Assembly Plant. "I hope this visit serves as a demonstration of the lasting impact of – and appreciation for – their historic sacrifice."The Honor Flight veterans, now in their late eighties and nineties, are being greeted at the National World War II Memorial by Ford employees. Members of Congress also have been invited. The veterans are visiting the Korean War Veterans Memorial and Iwo Jima Memorial as well. The trip was organized by the Bluegrass Chapter of the Honor Flight Network.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV