3. 2013 Honda Odyssey (HMC)
Starting price: $28,675 A minivan can be a useful companion on a road trip, and the Honda Odyssey is our favorite pick in the segment. Its versatile cabin seats up to eight, with second-row seats that can be configured to fit three child seats. The Odyssey's removable center console offers a useful flip-up trash-bag holder, and there's also a "cool box" beverage cooler to accommodate chilled refreshments. Available features include a blind-spot warning system and a rear-seat DVD entertainment system with a 16-inch screen capable of displaying two different program sources simultaneously.
Toyota's Sienna and Odyssey have been slugging it out for families' affections for years, but the key difference for families is the Odyssey's slight space advantage. The Odyssey can carry up to eight people with enough room behind them for a small grill. More importantly, it can carry five family members, collapse the third row and have 93.1 cubic feet for more storage.Yes, it's a minivan and still carries all the uncool connotations that image-conscious parents disdain, but Honda has no qualms with loading it up with features to make those selfish folks think twice. Second-row seats can be configured to fit three child seats. The Odyssey's removable center console has a flip-up and a "cool box" beverage cooler for sandwiches and drinks. Include the optional 16.2-inch split screen entertainment system that lets passengers watch two programs and once, and the Odyssey's practically daring drivers to find a reason not to load the family in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV