"The board looks forward to working with him and his entire leadership team, while at the same time continuing to benefit from the experience and insights of Steve Golsby, who has been reelected as a director."
Jakobsen was designated CEO-elect and appointed to the board a year ago. He became executive vice president and chief operating officer in January 2012, assuming leadership of the company's Global Operating Committee, with responsibility for all regional business activities, as well as global marketing and global supply chain.
Previously akobsen had served as president of the company's business in the Americas, also overseeing the company's global marketing initiatives.
So it's a new chapter for a very successful and very old but newly independent company. Since its IPO, Mead Johnson Nutrition has distinguished itself as remarkably successful. It's a stock I want to keep watching and consider investing in.At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV