ALBANY, N.Y., June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AMRI (NASDAQ: AMRI), a leading global contract research and manufacturing organization, has announced that the Board of Directors has unanimously voted to separate the role of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and has named William S. Marth, an active member of the AMRI Board of Directors, as Chairman of the Board, effective June 5, 2013. The position of Chairman has been held by Thomas E. D'Ambra, Ph.D. since the Company's founding.
Dr. D'Ambra retains his roles as a member of the Board of Directors, President and CEO. Mr. Marth was appointed to the AMRI Board of Directors in 2012, joining Veronica G. H. Jordan, Ph.D.; Gabriel Leung; Kevin O'Connor; Arthur J. Roth; and Una S. Ryan, O.B.E., Ph.D.
Mr. Marth said, "AMRI maintains a unique and strong position providing a broad range of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and related industries. I have been impressed with the Company's accomplishments and potential and look forward to contributing to growing both the depth and breadth of AMRI's services in my role as Chairman."Dr. D'Ambra said, "Bill is an accomplished and visionary industry leader who has an unparalleled record of commercial success. Since joining the Board approximately one year ago, he has been very helpful to me personally as well as to the Company. I am confident with Bill as our Chairman, that the Company is poised for continued and greater success. I, along with the rest of the members of the Board of Directors, look forward to continuing to serve with Bill on behalf of all AMRI shareholders. AMRI's success has been built on a reputation for the highest quality standards in its work and ethics. Our corporate governance structure demonstrates AMRI's commitment to sustaining a superior level of performance."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV