NEW YORK, June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cohen & Steers celebrated the three-year anniversary of the Cohen & Steers Preferred Securities and Income Fund ("the Fund", symbol CPXIX) on May 3, 2013. Since the Fund's inception, assets under management have reached approximately $2.2 billion (as of March 31, 2013).
Today, Morningstar acknowledged the Fund's strong three-year risk-adjusted performance from inception through May 31, 2013 with its coveted five-star rating. (1) Based on the Fund's total return in this period, it is the #1 ranked fund in its Morningstar category and among mutual funds and ETFs that invest primarily in preferred securities. (2) "We are very pleased with Morningstar's recognition of the Fund's strong three-year performance. Global financial reforms are leading to enormous investment opportunities for active managers of preferred securities portfolios, both in the exchange-traded and far larger global market for over-the-counter issues. The lion's share of the Fund's success can be attributed to our focus on in-depth research into this global institutional marketplace," said Senior Portfolio Manager William Scapell. He has managed the fund since inception and has been an active manager of preferred security portfolios for more than 10 years.
The Fund seeks high current income, with a secondary objective of capital appreciation, by investing primarily in U.S. and non-U.S. preferred and other income securities. Generally, the majority of assets are allocated to investment-grade securities believed by the manager to be undervalued relative to their credit quality and other characteristics, such as company fundamentals.
(1) Category: Long-term bond. Morningstar ratings are assigned to all open-end mutual funds with at least a three-year history, based on a Morningstar Risk-Adjusted Return measure that accounts for variation in a fund's monthly performance (including the effects of sales charges, loads, and redemption fees), placing more emphasis on downward variations and rewarding consistent performance. The top 10% of funds in each category receive five stars, the next 22.5% receive four stars, the next 35% receive three stars, the next 22.5% receive two stars and the bottom 10% receive one star. (Each share class is counted as a fraction of one fund within this scale and rated separately, which may cause slight variations in the distribution percentages.) The Overall Morningstar Rating for a retail mutual fund is derived from a weighted average of the performance figures associated with its three-, five- and ten-year (if applicable) Morningstar Rating metrics. Ratings are ©2013 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.(2) Cohen & Steers Preferred Securities and Income Fund generated higher three-year annualized total returns than the three open-end mutual funds and three Exchange Traded funds included in Morningstar's universe of funds that invest primarily in preferred securities. Within the broader long-term bond category, CPXIX ranked # 1 of 58 funds tracked as of May 31, 2013. Please consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the fund carefully before investing. A summary prospectus and prospectus containing this and other information may be obtained by visiting cohenandsteers.com or by calling 800 330 7348. Please read the summary prospectus and prospectus carefully before investing.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts