Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:40 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday.
Morgan Stanley downgraded First Horizon (FHN) to hold from buy, a move Cramer didn't like. "I think that's a mistake," he said. "It's very cheap." FHN was unchanged at $11.29.
Sterne Agee initiated Whole Foods Market (WFM) as a buy. This move Cramer likes, noting this company is one of those performing well on his "Gatsby Index" of stocks. WFM rose 1% to close at $50.88.Abbott Laboratories (ABT) and other drug stocks have been performing badly lately, but Cramer thinks this one is stabilizing and could have a nice run. ABT was up 1% to $36.64. VeriFone Systems (PAY) provided very dismal guidance, prompting Cramer to say, "If you own VeriFone, phone home." PAY plummeted nearly 21% to $17.37. SAP AG (SAP) is making a move into the cloud. Cramer noted SAP management does a lot of good things and that's why this stock is going higher. SAP ended trading up 1.4% to $75.74. Altria (MO) recently raised prices but the share price is still low, which baffles Cramer. "When you raise prices, stocks go higher," he said. MO was flat at $35.81. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV