HOLLYWOOD, Fla., June 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pershing LLC, a BNY Mellon company, is previewing its next generation mobile solution for investment professionals today at the INSITE™ 2013 conference in Hollywood, Florida. The new version features a fully redesigned, sleek user interface and a variety of features aimed at making advisors more efficient and productive in their everyday activities. Consistent with BNY Mellon's client-centric technology development approach, attendees at INSITE 2013 will be able to experience the app at the Interactive Solutions Center and provide feedback directly to the engineering team. The new application is scheduled to launch later this year for the iPhone and iPad, followed by versions for Android and Microsoft.
"In developing our next generation mobile application, we're taking an in-depth look at how advisors and investors actually use mobile technology in their day-to-day lives," said Ram Nagappan, chief information officer of Pershing. "The latest version of the NetX360 mobile app takes full advantage of the native features of the iPad and iPhone, while incorporating the best of web-based applications. We are pleased to have INSITE 2013 attendees try out the new application and provide us with feedback that can be incorporated into the full launch later in the year."
Key features of Pershing's next generation mobile solution for iPad and iPhone will include:
- A simplified look and feel, with an intuitive, tile-like design. The newly architected application, which incorporates the latest mobile design concepts to deliver the best user experience, will take greater advantage of the iPad and iPhone touch capabilities and feature improved functionality.
- Integrated collaboration and self-service tools, including an "advisor meeting mode" to facilitate easier sharing of information with investors, the loading of portfolios, and device-to-device discussions between advisors and their clients.
- Push notifications, allowing advisors to stay up-to-date with their accounts anywhere, anytime, so they can be more productive and service their clients more effectively.
The next generation application's hybrid design will enable users to have improved performance on each device and to leverage native device features. Some of these features include multi-touch gesture controls, the iPad and iPhone's built-in cameras and location services, while allowing them to access the best web development capabilities that HTML5 offers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts