This first-ever ULR contract offering applies directly to active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) technology. Within the overall OLED displays market in 2012, industry sources estimate that AMOLED comprised approximately 80 percent of the total OLED displays market with passive-matrix organic light-emitting diode ("PMOLED") comprising the remaining portion. According to industry research reports, the global AMOLED displays market is expected to grow from $4.9 billion in 2012 to $25.9 billion by 2018.
Each OLED ULR contract provides the right to manufacture, use, sell, offer to sell or import five square meters of an OLED display for application in any display screen device. Collectively, the patented technology addresses a variety of high-level issues that arise in the development of OLED display panels, providing improvements over alternate technologies that include: greater output uniformity among pixels on a panel; increased panel reliability and length of service; more scalable designs to permit increasingly large panel sizes; greater image quality perceived by viewers; superior panel manufacturability; reduced power consumption; and reduced device costs.
About IPXI IPXI is the world's first financial exchange for licensing and trading intellectual property rights. The mission of IPXI is to meet the price discovery, transaction efficiency and data distribution needs of intellectual property owners, investors and traders by creating the central marketplace for tradable IP assets. IPXI is funded by a group of U.S. and European investors, including CBOE Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBOE) and Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Philips) (NYSE: PHG). For more information on IPXI, please see the Exchange Fact Sheet or visit www.ipxi.com .
SOURCE Intellectual Property Exchange International, Inc. (IPXI)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV