NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's David Peltier discussed a potential buying opportunity in an undervalued homebuilder Wednesday.
Standard Pacific (SPH) has fallen from a high of $9.97 in mid-May to $3.34 recently after closing Tuesday at $8.37. A secondary offering is largely viewed as the culprit for the move.
Peltier believes the homebuilder, which does about half of its business in California, is now reasonably priced and poised for an upside move. With a robust housing recovery and strong economy in California, Standard Pacific is due for a rebound, he said.
"I would not be surprised to see this stock move back towards the double digits," he concluded.-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV