One semiconductor player that insiders are snapping up shares in here is Tessera Technologies (TSRA), which operates through its subsidiaries in two segments: Intellectual Property and DigitalOptics. Insiders are buying this stock into strength, since shares are up 25% so far in 2013.
Tessera Technologies has a market cap of $1 billion and an enterprise value $692 million. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a forward price-to-earnings of 20.75. Its estimated growth rate for the next quarter is 380%, and for this year it's pegged at -166.7%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $402.71 million and its total debt is zero. This stock currently sports a dividend yield of 1.9%.>>3 Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves A director just bought 20,000 shares, or about $422,000 worth of stock, at $21.11 per share. From a technical perspective, TSRA is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last six months, with shares soaring higher from its low of $14.53 to its recent 52-week high at $21.33 a share. During that uptrend, shares of TSRA have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. If you're bullish on TSRA, then look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above some key near-term support levels at $20.50 or above its 50-day at $19.51 and then once it breaks out above its 52-week high at $21.33 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 366,086 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then TSRA will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that move are $24 to $25 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV