One oil and natural gas player that insiders are active in here is Linn Energy (LINE), which acquires and develops various oil and gas properties in the U.S. Insiders are buying this stock into modest weakness, since shares are down by 6.2%.
Linn Energy has a market cap of $7.7 billion and an enterprise value of $13.9 billion. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a forward price-to-earnings of 20.75. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -11.8%, and for next year it's pegged at 25.2%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $6.03 million and its total debt is a whopping $6.19 billion. This stock currently sports a dividend yield of 9.4%.>>5 Hated Earnings Stocks That Deserve Your Love A director just bought 15,000 shares, or about $512,000 worth of stock, at $34.03 to $34.28 per share. From a technical perspective, LINE is currently trending below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock has been downtrending badly for the last month and change, with shares falling from a high of $38.73 to a 52-week low of $32.11 a share. During that move, shares of LINE have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. The move has pushed shares of LINE into oversold territory, since its current relative strength index reading is 28.5. If you're bullish on LINE, then I would look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above its 52-week low of $32.11 and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance at $34 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $34 with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 1.99 million shares. If we get that move soon, then LINE could bounce back towards its next significant overhead resistance levels at $35 to its 50-day moving average at $36.26 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV