NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today I sat down with Jim Cramer to talk about the oil services sector and where in that sector the opportunities would likely be greatest.
I wanted to discuss this sector with Jim because of two recent oil notes from analyst Ole Slorer at Morgan Stanley and Rahim Karim at Barclays who actually voiced opposing views on the commodity price, but came to some interestingly similar thoughts on production over the next several years.
Both seemed to agree that off-shore production and, particularly deepwater production, was likely to see the greatest growth potential.
I agree with this idea. Several weeks ago, I spoke with Jim about the Gulf of Mexico and the emerging opportunities there, including mentioning and recommending Seadrill (SDRL), an offshore rig operator that specializes in deepwater and ultra deepwater floaters.I talk with Jim about other offshore and particularly deep water opportunities in the video above. At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @dan_dicker This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV