Six Flags Entertainment (NYSE: SIX) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.80%. Six Flags Entertainment Corporation owns and operates regional theme, water, and zoological parks. The company's parks offer various state-of-the-art and traditional thrill rides, water attractions, themed areas, concerts and shows, restaurants, game venues, and retail outlets. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.50. The average volume for Six Flags Entertainment has been 392,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Six Flags Entertainment has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the leisure industry. Shares are up 24.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Six Flags Entertainment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.70% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 67.66% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, SIX FLAGS ENTERTAINMENT CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$36.94 million or 13.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SIX FLAGS ENTERTAINMENT CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.08%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 45.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$115.11 million to -$62.53 million.
- You can view the full Six Flags Entertainment Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts